10 things that make me smile ...

....

10 THINGS THAT MAKE ME SMILE:

1. Puppies - they need you, they love you, they're grateful, they're playful, they are in-the-moment.
2. Rainbows - a miracle of God ... mother nature ... and science
3. The smell of freshly baked bread
4. Babies - what is not to love? They are cute, they smell great, and they need you, love you, & let you love them back
5. Sunny mornings after a day of rain - the entire universe seems cleansed and pure
6. Being with certain friends, after a long absence ... or just seeing them, even if I was just with them yesterday
7. Good food - especially that first bite of a treat or meal that I've been looking forward to, perhaps even salivating in anticipation ... or ... the first bite of something new that is just SO good, I wonder why I've never tried it before!
8. Certain songs or pieces of music
9. Three-year-olds - They are curious, chatterboxes, with keen insights and explanations for just about everything as they explore the world around them ... and still love you and will let you love them in return.
10. Traveling to a favorite place - that first moment, when the object (or destination) of my desire comes into view, whether it is first seen from a car, driving down the road, or from an airplane window, or from across the water ... nothing beats that "aha" feeling when I first lay eyes on my favorite place!

Oh ... and one more ... dolphins ... they make me smile because they look like they are always smiling ... and with their homes being at risk and tourism freaks coralling them into pens, where they are confined to small areas, get fed the same diet every day, and can never be free again, so that travellers can "swim with the dolphins" ... well, I wonder what a lot of them actually have to smile about?

I guess dolphins are good role-models, aren't they?!

Comments

Ronda said…
Hi There. This is going to be a strange post to your blog, but here it goes...I recently met someone at a conference and we both had special meal requests at the luncheon. We began swapping "food issue" stories and found that we both had trouble with cheeses causing allergic reactions. This woman went on to say that her trouble began after a visit to Bequia. I too had visited Bequia before my symptoms started. One of her doctors suggested that she may have contracted a virus in Bequia that triggered her autoimmune response. We are both digging into the the issue further. I just did a google search on Bequia and Autoimmune and your site came up. If you would like to correspond on the topic to see if you fit into this mystery we are trying to untangle, please email me at: roomy-88140@mypacks.net
My name is Ronda and I am in the Washington, DC area.
Nichelina & Co said…
Ronda: Sorry, I just saw your post today. I have been neglecting my blog for many months now. I will send you an e-mail, however, I doubt that I can shed any light on the issue, as I never did make it to Bequia. Though I do hope to some day.

Popular posts from this blog

Travel Tales Part I - Footwear is Always on My Mind

This is so Me!

Update from "Guarda La Yarda" - Nonna C's Canning Factory