And when I am stuck at home ... I head out to an old standby ... Welcome to "Guarda La Yarda"


Also known as, "doo, doo, doo, lookin' out my back door ..."



















It is hard to believe that I had a hand in helping all these little beauties along.

And when I remember, I do pause and give thanks to the heavens, because as sure as the sun rises in the east and sets in the west, winter is right around the corner. And the chair that I usually occupy during Guarda La Yarda season, will look something like this:


And let me be clear, this was NOT shot in B&W and was not photo-shopped or digitally altered in any way. Some winter days are just THAT gloomy ... and cold ... brrrrrrr .....

Comments

Anonymous said…
What beautiful flowers, thank you for sharing...no geraniums?? I too had a bucket list until I found Anguilla, then all that went by the wayside.
Luck to you,
Ellen
Nichelina & Co said…
Thanks, Ellen! The geraniums didn't survive our soggy, sun-less spring/early summer. Thanks for reminding me about Anguilla - it, along with Grenada were also on my bucket list. But, AXA goes back on the list, because I want to do an extended stay. How do you tear yourself away from those beaches? ;o]

Popular posts from this blog

Travel Tales Part I - Footwear is Always on My Mind

This is so Me!

Update from "Guarda La Yarda" - Nonna C's Canning Factory