Calamity Jill meets a couple of sailing idiots!

 “The world is a book and those who do not travel read only one page.” – St. Augustine


I don't get to travel more than about once a year.  I wish it were more ... and at times, I wish I could break loose from the relative safety of visiting the same destination year after year.  I long to broaden my perspective by turning the page and delving further into the book that is our big, diverse globe.  Yet, the beauty of visiting same destination again and again lies not just in the geography, topography, flora, fauna and warm blue seas ... indeed not!  What makes returning both familiar and exciting, is the people!  You never know who you will meet.  Locals, ex-patriots and visitors alike are as diverse, multi-faceted and interesting to me as if I had taken a round-the-globe 6-month sabatical, exploring a multitude of countries.  All in one little microcosm ... with a land mass of barely100 square miles, and only 8 miles across it's widest point.  


Speaking of books, traveling to St. Kitts and Nevis might net you a chance encounter with an author or two.  Case in point ... meet Renee. 


Tha'ts Renee in the middle, with me on her left, and my friend, Ms. N on Renee's right


 I would never have met her had I not decided to continue to return to St. Kitts.  She has a book coming out next month, based on the adventure she undertook with her hubby a few years back.  They decided to leave their life in the good ole US of A, to sail the oceans blue on a catamaran.   They eventually landed in St. Kitts and decided to stay a spell.   Her book, A Sail of Two Idiots, chronicles their journey: 


A Sail of Two Idiots

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Travel Tales Part I - Footwear is Always on My Mind

This is so Me!

Update from "Guarda La Yarda" - Nonna C's Canning Factory